Support our fight against Blood Cancer
Every 5 minutes someone in India is diagnosed with blood cancer or other blood disorder. In our battle against Blood Cancer, we at DKMS-BMST believe that the only way to move forward as an organization and in accomplishing this mission of deleting blood cancer is if our league consists of an all-powerful legion of young minds like you. We are looking for young people like you to come forward an help us in our fight against blood cancer and blood disorders.
We need you...
As a student, you can register as blood stem cell donor and you can also increase awareness of blood cancer and run donor drive events at your university, student union or colleges to help those diagnosed with blood cancer find their lifesaving match.
Step forward and become a lifesaver with DKMS-BMST!
Are you ready to become a potential lifesaver in just a few minutes? Join the registry now
How does registration work?
- Order a swab kit online: Answer a few simple questions about yourself to make sure you’ll be eligible to donate if needed. If it’s a yes, then you’ll be directed to a page where you can request your swab kit online.Swab your cheecks, return your kit
- Swab the inside of your cheeks and send the swabs back to us (there are instructions on the envelope that will be sent). The swabs will then be analyzed in our lab to determine your HLA (tissue) characteristics – this is how we match donors and patients.
- Once we have analyzed your samples, we will add you to the registry and you will be available for patients all around the world who are searching for a donor. Amazing!
What you can do
- Register as potential stem cell donor if you are more than 18 years
- Organize stem cell donor registration event at your campus
- Lead a team of volunteers to organize events at your campus
What we can do
- Training on how to organize a stem cell donor registration event
- Volunteer training sessions
- Provide a certificate as a recognition of your engagement for a social cause
What you gain
- Opportunity to work with an international non-profit organization
- Understand social values and responsibility in a humanitarian society
- Supporting a cause to make difference in a blood cancer patient's life
- Gain experience in event planning and project management
- Improve your skills in public speaking
Want to organize a drive? Contact us to know more!