Every new registrant could be a patient's match.
Virtual Registration Drive (VRD) is a platform where you can start your own virtual registration drive, customize it the best way to support patients in need. Our interactive virtual donor drives houses online events initiated by individuals, sports clubs, universities and companies to engage their personal network of potential lifesavers. You can also become an initiator yourself by creating your own drive - no matter which individual idea you have!
- The VRD platform will help you set up a virtual donor registration drive to support DKMS-BMST in our mission to register more potential blood stem cell donors, even from locations where physical access is difficult.
- You can set up a virtual drive for your Company, University or College, Sports Club, or just share the existing drives among your network.
- Create your own virtual drive and become an initiator to help the many patients in need!
Why we need your support
- Every 5 minutes, someone in India is diagnosed with blood cancer or a blood disorder
- Only 30% of patients find a matching donor within their family. 70% of patients who need a blood stem cell transplant rely on finding an unrelated donor.
Numbers behind our work
- Over 91,000 second chances at life have been provided by DKMS worldwide
- Every year, more than 7600 blood cancer patients receive a transplant from a DKMS donor
- Over 10.5 million potential blood stem cell donors are registered with DKMS