The first step to joining nearly 10 million amazing people as a DKMS-BMST registered blood stem cell donor is to swab your cheeks. It’s incredibly easy and it takes just a few minutes. So, here are some fun gifs to take you step-by-step through the process. And gifs make everything more fun!
1. Order your swab kit online from DKMS-BMST and wait for it to arrive at your doorstep. It will take approximately 10–15 business days. Sit tight, your opportunity to give someone a second chance at life is on its way!
5. Finally, repeat the same with the third swab, across the inside of your upper and lower lips. In addition, swab the left and right cheek again for 60 seconds. Allow your swabs to dry for two minutes.
6. Awesome! You got through the hard part. Discard the previous package your swabs were delivered in. Now, this is the most important part. Make sure to put all three swabs in the swab envelope
7. Seal your swab envelope and place the barcode on the top right corner of the swab envelope. The barcode helps us identify your swabs with your profile data.
10. Mail your swab kit back to DKMS-BMST. It’s all paid for, so you don’t have to worry about a thing.
That’s it, you’re all done! Now, wait patiently…you could be the lucky one to give someone a second chance at life!