Thank you so much for registering with DKMS-BMST. We sent you a swab pack in the post for you to complete your registration. Once we receive your swabs, we will analyse your tissue type and add your details in our database in an anonymised form.
When you join our registry you are on standby to be matched and potentially save the life of anyone with a blood cancer or blood disorder who needs a blood stem cell donation. Your details will then be part of blood stem cell donor searches for people all over the world who need a perfect match to get a second chance at life.
Just follow the below mentioned steps and complete the procedure.
Prepare to swab
• Your swab kit contains 3 sterilized swab sticks with a bud end and a stick end.
• Carefully open the swab packet ONLY from the stick end and make sure the bud-end of the swab does not touch anything.
• Take out one swab from the packet.
• Swab the inner wall of both the cheeks and the gum lining of the upper and lower jaw.
Swab your Cheeks
• Swab with comfortable pressure in a circular motion, rotating the stick from time to time.
• This process collects tissue cells from your mouth, which are used for your HLA typing
Dry your swabs
Air dry your swabs for two minutes, by gently waving them in the air, ensuring that the bud ends do not touch any surfaces and then place them securely into the bottom of this envelope, releasing the sticky tab to close it.
Looking forward to receiving your swabs soon!